BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Say... what now?


There comes a time in every student's life when they wonder, "Am I doing the right thing?" Hahahahahahaha! You'll never know. I thought I was doing the right thing transferring to my smaller school. I thought my major was just what I needed. I thought my life was going well. I was doing the right thing.

Well, Karma decided I needed a big ol' *FWAP* right in the back of the head. The only thing that has stayed constant is the damned school, and that may change.

My major, yeah, convoluted in the worst possible way. I've decided I must be a masochist. I'm now a Psychology major with a concentration in Criminal Justice and a minor in Sociology. So, yeah, still going for forensic psych or law, but I have to take the hard way. I always do. Yippee!

Life has thrown me some curve balls as well. Last Fall semester, I had a relapse of Epstein-Barr virus. Fun stuff, let me tell you. My doctor asked that I dropped all of my classes, but I kept Health Psychology and did fairly well. The winter break came and I thought all would be well.

Au contraire mon frair. I started Winter and felt iffy. By the third week, I had to drop everything. I was losing more and more energy as time went on. I was getting worse, not better.

Now, here's why my school sucks. Back in the Fall, I called the financial aid office to find out what would happen with my loans and grants if I dropped. "Nothing," they said, "but if you drop them all, they might adjust your Pell grant."

Okay, shit happens. Health takes precedent. I'm at least that sane, I think. So I dropped Winter and get a bill for over $1,000 dollars. Uh, who-did-what-to-whose-mother-now? I called the FA office again. "Oh, you still have your Pell but they changed the rules about loans. If you drop below half time two semesters in a row, you have to pay part back."

*deep breaths whilst shredding paper* That was the same question I asked them and now I get a different answer. This happens every semester. They screw me somehow.

I hate the transfer process, and I already have two of my semesters registered, but I'm really tempted to find a new school for Fall 2011. I need change, and I do believe the Grizz may have had it at this point.

I need an effing nap.

0 comments: